Pest Solution often receives calls from customers that are hearing noises in their loft. Lofts can provide ideal environments for pests and casual invaders as they provide warmth and shelter from the elements. Here are some of the common animals that are found in lofts:
- Rats and Mice are common pests found inside properties and in lofts. For more information about rodents, click here.
- Squirrels can cause huge amounts of damage to property and carry a disease that kills our native red squirrel. Grey Squirrels are usually controlled by trapping and proofing of premises to prevent entry.
- Birds can often choose to nest along rooflines, and cause a considerable nuisance with droppings and noise. For most species of birds, little can be done whilst there are young in the nest, and before any work can be carried out we must ensure that the young have fledged.
- Wasps and Hornets often build their nests in lofts. If the nest is close to a wall, their movements inside the nest can be heard, especially hornets. Click here for more information about our services regarding wasp and hornet control.
- Cluster Flies often enter lofts in the autumn to hibernate and can be seen as a nuisance in the house due to the vast number normally found. For more information about cluster flies, see our earlier blog post.
- Bats can also roost in lofts. However, all species of bat a protected in the UK and it is an offence to kill them or disturb their roosts. If you need more information on bats in your property we would advise getting in touch with the Bat Conservation Trust.
If you have heard noises in your loft and would like more information about the services we offer, get in touch with Pest Solution’s friendly and knowledgeable staff by clicking here.